Thursday, April 17, 2008

Absolute Certainty/Uncertainty

I think therefore I am.

To think is to exist.

To exist may or may not be to think.

That which does not think does not necessarily exist.

Existence may or may not be conclusively verified by self-acknowledgement of existence.

-x-

I think therefore I am.

I am a thinking entity.

I know myself to exist because I think.

Thinking is only possible by reception of stimulus, because nothing can be created from nothing.

Reception of stimulus means it must originate from a source external to the self.

Stimulus can only be created by other thinking entities.

Other thinking entities must exist.

-x-

Nothing can be objectively perfect.

The senses are not perfect.

Perception allows an entity to perceive only a certain aspect of anything.

Different entities will perceive different aspects of the same thing.

Their perceptions of the same thing will be different.

All perception is subjective.

There is no objective perception of anything.

There is no single objective truth.

There exists only subjective truth.

-x-

Nothing can be true or false unless it has been perceived to be so by an entity, save for thinking entities which must exist regardless of what either they or any other entities think because they think.

No comments: